August 30, 2022
Welcome to the 2022 – 2023 School Year!
We would like to extend a warm welcome to all of our families for the 2022 – 2023 school year. Please review the information below providing detailed information about what to expect for the first week of school. Please contact us with any questions.
We look forward to seeing you next week!
Dear Tweedsmuir Families,
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! We hope that you are well, staying safe, and have enjoyed a wonderful summer.
We are looking forward to welcoming students back to École Lord Tweedsmuir Elementary School on September 6th. We have been working hard to ensure that everything is ready for the upcoming school year. We would like to provide you with further information about what you can expect when your child comes to school.
Our bell schedule has remained the same. Please see below.
|WELCOME BELL||8:50 – DESIGNATED ENTRIES|
|INSTRUCTION||8:55 – 10:25|
|RECESS||10:25 – 10:40|
|INSTRUCTION||10:40 – 12:24|
|LUNCH||12:24 – 1:10|
|INSTRUCTION||1:10 – 3:00|
|DISMISSAL||3:00 – DESIGNATED EXITS|
As we move forward, communication will remain important. We will continue to reach out using School Messenger and MyEd. Please be sure to check your junk folder at the beginning of the year to ensure that you are receiving all communications. A special welcome to our families whose children are beginning kindergarten this year or who are new to our school! If you need assistance regarding how to access information from the school, please contact us at 604.517.6070 or email us at email@example.com.
In regards to school supplies, you can find the lists at this link. Parents have a choice to either purchase their own school supplies or to purchase through the school. Once classes are set, your teacher will be emailing you to ask if you prefer to purchase your own supplies or supplies through the school. Once that has been decided, parents interested in purchasing through the school will be emailed notifying them that supplies are able to be purchased on their School Cash account. If you are a new student/parent and have not signed up for School Cash yet, please see the attachment with instructions on how to register. New West Schools is committed to ensuring that no school-age student will be denied educational opportunities due to financial hardship. Parents/Guardians unable to pay some or all of a school fee are invited to speak to their child’s teacher, school counsellor and/or school principal.
Back to school permission forms and Emergency release forms will be posted on September 2, 2022 on SchoolCash to be completed. Thank you in advance for completing these forms when they become available. If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-517-6070.
INFORMATION FOR THE FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL
Monday, September 5th: Labour Day (no school for students)
Tuesday, September 6, 2022
We would like to extend a huge thank you to our Parent Advisory Council (PAC) who will be holding a ‘Welcome Coffee’ from 8:50 – 9:50am.
- Kindergarten students will remain at home on Tuesday, September 6th
- Kindergarten students will be following a gradual entry schedule for the first two weeks. This information has been sent to all Kindergarten families in a separate email.
- Please remember to sign up for your Welcome Conversation with our classroom teachers that will take place during the first week of September.
Grade 1 – 5 Students
- Tuesday, September 6th: Students in attendance from 8:50- 9:50am.
- Wednesday, September 7th onwards: Students in attendance from 8:50- 3:00pm. Please send your child to school with a snack, a lunch, and a drink/water bottle.
- All students will be lining up on the grass field (primary side) at a designated number along the back fence corresponding to their division from last year. Please see the chart below if you are unsure as to which division your child was in last year. We are asking parents to refrain from joining their child in line so that we are able to collect and release students in a safe manner. All students new to Tweedsmuir will be lining up in front of Number 19 (This applies to students in Grades 1 – 5). While your child will be lining up at the division number from last year, please let your child know that they may be greeted by a new adult instead of their teacher from last year.
- We are hoping to send an email explaining where your child will be lining up for Wednesday by Tuesday evening.
|2021-2022 Class divisions|
|Div 1 White||Div 10 Janz/Stephen|
|Div 2 Kennedy||Div 11 Seddiki|
|Div 3 Jovanovic (Mme Danica)||Div 12 Ramsay/Bester|
|Div 4 Burgess||Div 13 Tse|
|Div 5 Kumar||Div 14 Sol/Penner|
|Div 6 Lee||Div 15 Taylor|
|Div 7 Wyness/Wheeler||Div 16 Alava|
|Div 8 Choi||Div 17 Liu|
|Div 9 Madlambayan||Div 18 Lecavalier|
|Div 19 New Students|
We are working hard to plan for a positive learning experience for your child and look forward to the year ahead. As always, please do not hesitate to contact us should you wish to connect.
Looking forward to an engaging and exciting year of learning,
Jen Richter Rebecca Wheeler
Principal Vice Principal