About Us - School Overview
Welcome to École Lord Tweedsmuir!
École Lord Tweedsmuir Elementary, with its proud history of over 70 years, is pleased to offer Early French Immersion in addition to the regular program from kindergarten to grade five. We are proud to offer an environment that is safe and welcoming, and we strive to optimize every child’s readiness to learn, every day.
Our school must be a safe place where all students can learn. You are a very important person who helps to make this possible. It takes students, staff and parents working together to make École Lord Tweedsmuir Elementary School a safe and happy place to go to school. This will happen if we each:
- Think about how other people feel;
- Are kind to each other;
- Remember to be polite and to be respectful;
- Play together and have fun in safe ways;
- Ask a staff member for help if there is a problem that we can’t solve.
Our Mission and Goal
Our mission is to provide educational programs that are diverse, student centered, and engaging for all learners.
Our school goal is to build positive and caring relationships that strengthen school climate.
- Click here to view the Street Map to École Lord Tweedsmuir Elementary School
- Click here to view the Best walking route to École Lord Tweedsmuir
- Click here to view the Feeder Schools: Elementary to Middle to NWSS Flowchart
- Our website: www.lordtweedsmuirschool.ca
Address: 1714 Eighth Avenue, New Westminster, B.C. V3M 2S7
Grades Served: K-5 and Early French Immersion K-5
Principal: Jen Richter
Vice-Principal: Rebecca Wheeler
Secretaries: Paula Bates, Anett Crosbie (W-TH)
Trustee: Cheryl Sluis
PAC Chair: Krista Macaulay